Purposes of the Component-Based Programming program at University Babes-Bolyai:
In recent years, there is a growing demand of specialized professionals in software engineering, more precisely in component-based development. The program was created to respond to that demand, offering theoretical knowledge in modern programming paradigms, and mathematical foundations of decision theory, optimization and modeling, as well as their application in component-based development, building decision support systems and business process engineering.
Gained Abilities and Skills
- Solid knowledge in component-based software engineering;
- Advanced knowledge of mathematical theories and applications related to decision theory and optimization;
- Advanced knowledge of theoretical, methodological, and practical developments in computer science and software engineering;
- Abilities of using software tools for all software development activities;
- Component-based programming;
- Formal methods in programming;
- Behavioral modelling of software systems;
- Mathematical foundations of decision-making process;
- Formal methods in programming languages;
- Formal methods in parallel programming;
- Web services and middleware technology;
- Optimization models;
- Rule-based programming;
- Decision support systems;
- Methodology of scientific research in Computer Science;
- Workflow systems;
- Data mining;
- Software architecture;
- Petri nets in software modelling and verification;
- Research project in CBP;
- Framework design;
- Visualization and validation in simulation.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Computer Sciences Software Engineering View 23 other Masters in Computer Sciences in Romania
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Graduate student recruitment is achieved by competition. The overall three/four-year undergraduate average grade and a personal portfolio, for candidates with a Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Computer Mathematics or Economical Computer Science and respectively the grade of a written test and a personal portfolio, for candidates outside the above mentioned areas.
International6000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA808 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 808 EUR per year during 24 months.
- EU/EEA: 4000 lei / year
- NON-EU/EEA: 500 EUR / month
Living costs for Cluj-Napoca
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.