The Biotechnology program at The City University of New York is an appropriate foundation for students whose current goal is a terminal master’s degree as a credential for laboratory or field research and for students who intend to continue to study toward a doctorate program.
The Master of Science in Biology - Track B: Biotechnology requires 30 credits to complete the degree. Students must complete a research based thesis project (BIO 799 - 6 credits). In addition to BIO 799, the following courses are required: BIO 603, BIO 706, and BIO 708. The remaining courses, 15 credits, will be chosen according to the student’s career goals with faculty guidance.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Scientific Communication
- Molecular Biology and Biotechnology Laboratory
- Biology of Cancer
- Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology
- Cellular Toxicology
- Laboratory Methods in Molecular Genetics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiotechnology Molecular Sciences Bioinformatics View 351 other Masters in Bioinformatics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- BS in Biology degree from an accredited college (students in the last semester of undergraduate study and students with a baccalaureate in another related discipline may also be considered for admission).
- Overall GPA of 2.75 (B-) and a GPA of 3.0 (B) in undergraduate science and mathematics courses.
- Two letters of recommendation testifying to the applicant’s ability to complete successfully the program of graduate study.
- A grade of 550 on the TOEFL test is required of all applicants for whom English is a second language.
International855 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 12 months.
National855 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 12 months.
- Local students: $5,545 / semester
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.