Practicum, internships, and graduate assistantships are designed to complement your academic course work. Assistantships are not required but highly recommended.
Your fellow students represent gender and racial diversity, geographical spread, and different undergraduate academic disciplines. The Student Affairs Higher Education Administration program is offered at Wright State University.
Many have been active in student government, residential services, Greek life, and campus recreation, and others have worked full time in various campus offices. You will also find significant career opportunities, as demand for our graduates has been strong.
The Career and Advising focus consists of three courses dedicated to increasing the helping skills competence of students pursuing the master’s degree in student affairs in higher education. By pursuing this focus, you will develop skills that apply to academic advising and career services work. Choosing the career and advising focus allows you to gain knowledge and skills in the delivery of supportive and directive services to individuals and groups.
Enhance your competencies as a professional helper and refine your capabilities to guide students, supervisees, and colleagues.
- Law of Higher Education
- The Community College
- Research Methods for Leadership
- Student Affairs in Higher Education
- Student Development Theory
- Student Affairs Administration in Higher Education
- Diversity Issues
- Program Evaluation and Assessment in SAHE
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
December 1 is the first consideration application deadline but applications will be accepted until July 31, or until the cohort is filled.
DisciplinesEducation Management, Organisation & Leadership View 2524 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
- You must apply online for all graduate school programs, including non-degree programs. Paper applications are not accepted. The application should be filled out carefully and completely. Select Not Applicable (N/A) when appropriate. If the application form is submitted with essential information missing, processing may be delayed until such information is received.
- A non-refundable $40 fee is required for each degree or licensure application. A nonrefundable $10 fee is required for each non-degree seeking application or certificate program application.
- Submit one official transcript sent from each institution attended (except Wright State). If you have transfer or College Credit Plus credit, you are required to submit an official transcript from each college where you had originally completed course work.
International24286 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12143 USD per semester during 12 months.
National24286 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12143 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State14298 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7149 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Dayton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.