This increasingly critical field of engineering focuses on alternative energy technologies that hold promise of becoming a substantial source of energy for the United States. The Renewable and Clean Energy program from Wright State University includes courses on many types of alternative energy systems, in addition to courses on fundamental concepts related to energy.
Included in this program are courses on fuel cells, solar energy, wind power, hydrogen fuel, energy conversion, energy materials, energy efficiency, thermodynamics, etc. The intent of this program is to train the next generation of renewable and clean energy engineers and to develop research in the area of renewable and clean energies.
Program Learning Outcomes:
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of the basic principles of energy and energy conversion.
- Demonstrate engineering competency in three renewable and clean energy areas.
- Demonstrate competency in undertaking an in‐depth research, design, analysis or experimental investigation of some engineering problem involving energy.
- Demonstrate their ability to communicate engineering ideas and techniques.
- Demonstrate a mathematical competency above that of an undergraduate engineering student.
- Advanced Engineering Mathematics
- Renewable and Clean Energy Master’s Thesis
- Independent Study Project
- Renewable and Clean Energy Courses
- Advanced Thermodynamics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Energy & Power Engineering Sustainable Energy View 378 other Masters in Electrical Engineering in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Wright State University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- You must apply online for all graduate school programs, including non-degree programs. Paper applications are not accepted. The application should be filled out carefully and completely. Select Not Applicable (N/A) when appropriate. If the application form is submitted with essential information missing, processing may be delayed until such information is received.
- A non-refundable $40 fee is required for each degree or licensure application. A nonrefundable $10 fee is required for each non-degree seeking application or certificate program application.
- Submit one official transcript sent from each institution attended (except Wright State). If you have transfer or College Credit Plus credit, you are required to submit an official transcript from each college where you had originally completed course work.
International24286 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12143 USD per semester during 12 months.
National24286 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12143 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State14298 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7149 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Dayton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.