The masters programme in Computational Physics aims to equip students with a sound background in computational and modelling skills in order to solve modern scientific problems.
The course is designed to prepare students for a career in research and in computational physics-related professions, such as computer scientist, programmer, computer technician or specialist in the modelling of complex sociological and biological systems.
Furthermore, another masters programme purpose is to develop students interest in undertaking PhD studies in the field.
- Advanced Solid State Physics
- Advanced Atomic and Molecular Physics
- Advanced Theoretical Physics
- Advanced Molecular Spectroscopy
- Research Methodology and Drawing Up Scientific Papers
- Computational Methods in Physics
- Numerical Computations in Atomic Physics
- Methods of Stochastic Simulations in Statistical Physics. Interdisciplinary Applications
- Communication Systems for Embedded Hardware
- Optional Course 1
- Spectra Simulation
- Research Traineeship
- Computation of Molecular Properties
- Molecular Structure Simulation and Molecular Dynamics Simulation
- Symbolic Computation in Physics
- Object-Oriented Programming Applied to Physics
- Optional Course 2
- Dissertation Writing
- Magnetic and Superconducting Materials
- Digital Signal Processing
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Computer Sciences View 3 other Masters in Physics in Romania
The admission exam consists of an interview designed to test the students´ programming skills, research motivation and knowledge of English. This counts for 50% of the total, while the overall undergraduate average grade represents the remaining 50%.
EU/EEA422 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 422 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
- EU/EEA : 2000 RON year
- Citizens coming from states that are not member of the European Union, as well as of the Swiss Confederation tuition: 270 euro /month
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.