The Forensic Psychology and Law programs at The City University of New York are each international leaders in their field, and the synergy is expected to result in graduation of highly trained and specialized attorneys with a background in forensic psychology who can make a significant difference in fields such as law, forensic psychology, and public policy.
The dual-degree program requires a combined total of 130 credits, including 42 credits for the completion of the Forensic Psychology M.A. program at John Jay College and 88 credits for the completion of the J.D. program at CUNY Law School. However, 12 credits from CUNY Law will be credited both towards the J.D. and M.A. programs. Likewise, 12 M.A. credits from John Jay will be credited towards the CUNY Law J.D. program.
Consequently, due to the 24 transfer credits applied in the dual-degree program, the actual number of credits taken will be 106, resulting in graduation for full-time students in four years instead of five.
- Mental Health Professionals, Social Science and the Law
- Research Design and Methods
- Intermediate Statistics in the Social Sciences
- Criminal Psychological Assessment
- Intellectual and Cognitive Assessment
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPsychology Forensic Science Public Law View 123 other Masters in Forensic Science in United States
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Strong LSAT scores
- 24 undergraduate credit hours in the social sciences, 12 of which are in psychology, plus Experimental Psychology (or Research Methods) and Statistics
- Personal statement
- Relevant academic letters of recommendation
- In addition to submitting an application to the Office of Admissions at John Jay College, students are also required to submit an application to the Office of Admissions at CUNY School of Law.
Students must be accepted into both programs in order to be a part of the dual-degree program.
International6412 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 48 months.
National6412 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 48 months.
- Full-time - $5,545/semester
- Part-time - $470/credit
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.