This Biochemistry program offered by University of Saskatchewan contains a strong emphasis on biochemical and molecular biological techniques and on conceptual training in biochemical experimentation. Modern-day biochemists carry out research in a wide variety of areas that include creating genetically-engineered crops that are resistant to environmental pressures, perfecting forensic techniques, elucidating structure and function of proteins and nucleic acids, developing drugs for human and animal health, and bioethanol production.
As a graduate student within the Department of Biochemistry, you will be able to pursue studies in:
- analytical biochemistry
- cell biochemistry
- cell biology and cancer
- enzymes and metabolism
- nucleic acids and gene expression
- plant biochemistry
- protein structure and molecular mechanism
While at the University of Saskatchewan, you'll have access to state of the art facilities and research centres such as:
- Canadian Light Source, Canada's only synchrotron
- Saskatchewan Structural Sciences Centre
- Cancer Research Cluster
- National Research Council Plant Biotechnology Institute
- Vaccine and Infectious Disease Association
- Western College of Veterinary Medicine
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Analytical Biochemistry
- Cell Biochemistry
- Cell Biology and Cancer
- enzymes and metabolism
- Nucleic acids and Gene expression
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesChemistry Biology Biochemistry View 65 other Masters in Chemistry in Canada
- A four-year honours degree, or equivalent, from a recognized college or university in an academic discipline relevant to the proposed field of study
- A cumulative weighted average of at least 70% (U of S grade system equivalent) in the last two years of study (e.g. 60 credit units).
- Proof of English language proficiency may be required for international applicants and for applicants whose first language is not English
International6730 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6730 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National4260 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4260 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.