You will develop an understanding of security theory while acquiring the practical skills needed for a successful career. The Security Management online program at The City University of New York is suitable for both security professionals and those seeking opportunities in the global security industry.
Key components of the program are:
- 100% online courses - Flexible course schedule. No scheduled meeting times. You can study when and where you want.
- Small class size - Typically no more than 20 students per class. That means more one-on-one time with the instructor.
- Accelerated 8-week session format - Earn up to 6 credits every 8 weeks. Part-time and full-time options are available.
- Prominent faculty - Our faculty are global experts in security management.
- Affordable price - We offer one of the most affordable security management programs in the U.S.
- A prestigious degree - Online or on campus, you will earn a John Jay College degree that is recognized worldwide.
A senior college of The City University of New York, John Jay College of Criminal Justice is a preeminent national and international leader in justice education, accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
Courses in the online Master of Science in Security Management program are offered in various sequences to allow for individualized flexibility. Students complete the program typically within two years.
Plan of Study
All courses in the online M.S. in Security Management program are offered in six accelerated eight-week sessions each year, including two sessions in the Fall, two in the Summer, and two in the Spring. Students admitted to the program may enroll in up to six credit hours of courses during each eight-week session.
To complete the program, a student must earn a total of 36 credit hours, including:
- 12 credit hours in Core Courses
- 12 credit hours in Management Analytic
- 12 credit hours in Electives
- Risk, Threat, and Critical Infrastructure
- Privatization: Models and Applications for Private Justice
- Legal, Regulatory, and Administrative Issues in Private Sector Justice
- Analytical Methods in Protection Management
- Organization Theory and Management
- Capital and Operational Budgeting
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Informatics & Information Sciences Risk Management View 1135 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Personal Statement
- Letters of Recommendation
- Writing Sample
International15390 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 24 months.
National15390 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 24 months.
- Full-time - $5,545/semester
- Part-time - $470/credit
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.