The Psychology, Concentration in Industrial and Organizational Psychology MSc program from San José State University encompasses a wide range of scientific and applied pursuits, and enjoys close collaboration between researchers and practitioners.
Graduates with Psychology, Concentration in Industrial and Organizational Psychology from San José State University will:
- learn core psychological competencies including: History of I/O Psychology and its integration into the broader discipline and Related fields of psychology (i.e. social psychology, personality psychology, psychometrics, motivation, learning theory).
- learn core I/O competencies including: Ethical, legal and professional issues, Measurement of individual differences, Criterion theory and development, Job and task analysis, Employee selection, Performance appraisal and feedback, Training and development, Work motivation, Attitude theory, Organization theory, and Organizational development.
- learn data collection and analysis skills including: Research methods (i.e. methods, procedures, and techniques used to conduct empirical research in I/O psychology) and Statistical methods (i.e. techniques used in the analysis of data generated by empirical research).
- perform professional activities related to I/O Psychology including, but not limited to: Administering employee surveys, Evaluating organizational interventions, Conducting job analyses, Creating selection tests, and Developing performance management systems.
- Research Design and Applied Psychometrics
- Field Work in Industrial/Organizational Psychology
- Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Personnel Psychology
- Multivariate Analysis
- Special Problems
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Organisational Behaviour Human Resource Management View 352 other Masters in Human Resource Management in United States
- Have the equivalent of a U.S. baccalaureate degree
- Have completed a minimum of 30 semester units in undergraduate psychology
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 in the last 60 semester units (90 quarter units) of all college and/or university course work
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 in all college and/or university psychology courses taken
- Have taken the GRE Exam (General Test only), although we do not require a minimum score for your application to be considered
- Good academic standing at the last institution attended
- English Language Proficiency Exam
- International Coursework and Degrees
- Submit U.S./Canada Transcripts
- Submit Test Scores
- Submit Declaration of Finance Form
- Submit Bank Letter or Bank Statement
- Submit Copy of Current Passport
- Submit Copy of Current Visa
International7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3588 USD per semester during 12 months.
National7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3588 USD per semester during 12 months.
- Non-CA Resident tuition includes an additional $396 per unit.
Living costs for San Jose
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.