Students become adept at various modes of textual analysis, and learn to approach literary works in ways that show their continued vitality and relevance.
The French Coursework at The City University of New York also includes advanced grammar and stylistics and research methods. This combination prepares students either for employment in middle and high school language departments or for further study at the doctoral level.
- Grammar and Syntax
- Courses in the Modern Languages and Literatures Department offered toward the degree must be 7000-level courses.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Literature View 755 other Masters in Languages in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended (applicants who earned a bachelor's degree outside the United States need to submit a 'Course by Course International Transcript Evaluation.' )
- Two letters of recommendation.
- F-1 or J-1 international students must submit English Proficiency Exam.
International25650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 12 months.
National25650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 12 months.
- Local students: $5,545 / semester
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.