The School of Theatre and Dance produces two seasons of plays annually. They have a mostly faculty-directed four play Mainstage Season, a five-show Lab season that uses students and faculty to direct and design, and a summer performance lab in which students develop plays and devise works.
The Master of Arts in Theatre Arts at Texas Tech University requires a minimum of 36 semester hours beyond the baccalaureate.
Core requirements develop key competencies in:
- academic research
Electives ensure a familiarity with a broad range of artistic and administrative skills.
- Advanced Directing
- Survey of Theatre History
- Seminar in Theatre Research Methods
- Mentoring Community Outreach in the Arts
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesTheatre & Dance View 320 other Masters in Theatre & Dance in United States
- Submit the application at least three months before the intended date of enrollment
- Provide transcripts of all previous college-level study
- Provide all required supplemental materials
- A required application fee
- 3 letters of recommendation, preferable from sources in the area of theatre
- Current resume
- A writing sample (a minimum of 750 words), preferable about an aspect of theatre. PHD applicants: submit 10-30 pages of your best research or academic writing.
International17530 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17530 USD per year during 12 months.
National17530 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17530 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State9350 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9350 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Lubbock
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.