To be eligible for admissions to the MS Nutrition and Exercise Science at The City University of New York, applicants must have a strong academic background in chemistry, biology, and nutrition and exercise sciences. Without this background, individuals will need to major at the undergraduate level in nutrition and exercise sciences before applying to the graduate program.
Those who have completed an undergraduate major in chemistry, biology nutrition, or exercise science may be considered for entry with completion of course deficiencies. The entrance to the field of nutrition and exercise sciences is achieved through completion of the BS Nutrition and Exercise Sciences. The graduate program at The City University of New York is intended for those individuals who are seeking advanced study in the discipline.
The MS degree program with specialization in nutrition and exercise sciences provides for advanced study in the combined disciplines of nutrition and exercise science. The program offers opportunity for in-depth study through didactic learning, hands-on field experience, and the development and completion of individual research projects. The program will develop highly competent professionals in the field of nutrition and exercise sciences who will be prepared to provide the general public with legitimate, prudent, and effective ways to improve health, wellness, and fitness in the global marketplace.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Nutrition Counseling
- Nutritional Pathophysiology
- Resources for Nutrition Education
- Advanced Diet Therapy
- Advanced Nutrition
- Community Nutrition
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Kinesiology View 363 other Masters in Nutrition & Dietetics in United States
- An undergraduate degree in nutrition and exercise sciences or an equivalent area with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Students without an undergraduate degree in one of the above areas must satisfy the following: a) An undergraduate degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- b) A course in anatomy and physiology (BIOL 043 or the equivalent).
- c) Two courses in nutrition (FNES 263 and 264 or the equivalent).
- d) A course in exercise physiology (FNES 342 or the equivalent).
- e) Approval of the graduate nutrition and exercise sciences advisor.
- f) An interview may be required.
International25650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 12 months.
National25650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 12 months.
- Full-time - $5,545/semester
- Part-time - $470/credit
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.