In addition, the School of Social Work at San Diego State University also offers two dual degree programs: Master in Social Work Degree / Master in Public Health Degree (MSW/MPH) and a Master in Social Work Degree / Juris Doctor Degree (MSW/JD).
MSW Program Mission Statement & Goals
The Mission of the MSW Program is to prepare graduates competent to work in public and private sector health and human service agencies. Using both generalist and advanced specialist frameworks, graduates work both with and on behalf of diverse and vulnerable populations in the Southern California border region and beyond. Graduates enhance human and community well-being and eliminate social disparities. Grounded in the ethics of the social work profession, graduates apply evidence-based approaches in their work with individuals, families, groups, communities, and the agencies that serve them.
The goals of the graduate program are to implement the mission by preparing advanced practitioners in the specialized areas of Direct Practice or Administration/Community Development who:
- are well-grounded in the values and ethics of the profession;
- have multiple competencies that can be used in a wide variety of settings, with systems of various sizes and with diverse and vulnerable populations;
- are able to critically examine issues of social, economic and environmental justice and are committed to the realization of human rights;
- utilize research evidence in practice decision making;
- are committed to lifelong professional development;
- are prepared to be leaders in the profession.
- Sem in Social Welfare Policy & Services
- Hum Behavior in the Social Environment
- Soc Work Prac: A Generalist Perspective
- Field Practicum
- Sem in Social Work Research Methods
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology Liberal Arts View 610 other Masters in Sociology in United States
- Complete the Cal State Apply Application
- Create an SDSU WebPortal Account
- Submit Official Transcripts and Diploma/Degree Certificate
- Submit Official Test Scores
- Submit Program Specific Documents
- Applicants who have earned a three-year baccalaureate degree from an international institution, may be considered for admission.
International9570 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9570 USD per year during 12 months.
National9570 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9570 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for San Diego
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.