The Urban and Regional Planning curriculum at Portland State University includes a 46-credit core that focuses on the history and theory of planning as a field, plan implementation, analytical methods (including Geographic Information Systems [GIS]), and the dynamics of metropolitan development. MURP students have the opportunity to customize their education to meet particular scholastic and professional objectives.
Each student may specialize in one field, and five specializations are available to MURP students:
- Community Development
- Economic Development
- Land Use
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Regional Planning and Metropolitan Growth Mgmt
- Planning in the Pacific Northwest
- Reshaping the Metropolis
- Cities in the Global Political Economy
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesLandscape Architecture Urban Planning View 247 other Masters in Urban Planning in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Transcript(s): A scanned copy of your official transcript from each post-secondary education institution you've attended (this includes any study abroad), must be included in your application.
- Statement of Purpose
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Optional GRE Scores (Recommended): GRE scores, taken within 5 years, can be reported on the application. Optional GRE scores should be sent to PSU using code 4610. You will also have an option to upload a copy of your GRE score into the online application system.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International24156 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 671 USD per credit during 24 months.
National24156 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 671 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State15984 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 444 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Portland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.