A Master of Science in Statistics at Texas Tech University student must fill out a degree plan after the end of the first long semester and before the start of the second long semester in the program. Each student’s program of study and committee must be approved by a graduate program representative from the Department of Mathematics and Statistics. It is expected that the student’s final oral defense of a thesis will be open to all who wish to attend, with scheduling to reflect this.
One of the following two options (to be selected with the approval of the director of graduate studies):
- Three hours in an area other than statistics, e.g., mathematics, animal science, computer science, biology, economics, engineering, psychology, or sociology. This option requires approval of the graduate advisor from the selected area.
- Three additional hours in statistics (to be selected from the Department of Mathematics and Statistics offerings).
The Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate, masters, doctoral, and professional degrees.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Applied Statistics
- Intermediate Mathematical Statistics I
- Intermediate Mathematical Statistics II
- Decision Theory
- Regression Analysis
- Nonparametric Statistical Inference
- Design of Experiments
- Theory of Linear Statistical Models
- Statistical Multivariate Analysis
- Advanced Statistical Methods
- Statistical Sampling Theory
- Stochastic Processes
- Time Series Analysis
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesStatistics Actuarial Science View 474 other Masters in Statistics in United States
- Application fee
- Unofficial transcripts of ALL post-secondary institutions attended, including a copy of official English translations for each transcript
- Unofficial copies of all post-secondary diplomas earned*
- Unofficial proof of English proficiency
- Proof of financial support*
- Passport bio page*
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Reference (3)
- Written Sample
International17530 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17530 USD per year during 12 months.
National17530 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17530 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State9350 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9350 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Lubbock
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.