Before prospective graduate students are approved for one of the music specializations, they must audition or complete a portfolio review by the appropriate School of Music area faculty. In addition, they must interview with the Coordinator of Music Graduate Studies or area coordinator. Students must have an undergraduate music degree in order to be considered for admission into the M.M. degree with one of the specializations under music.
Enroll now in this Music - Choral Conducting Concentration at Texas State University!
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Music Literature of the Baroque
- Survey of the 20th- and 21st-Century Music
- Music Literature of the Middle Ages to Renaissance
- Opera History
- Song Literature
- Music Literature - Viennese Classical
- Music Literature - Nineteenth-Century Romantic
- History of Jazz
- completed online ApplyTexas application
- $40 nonrefundable application fee
- baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited university
- official transcripts required from each institution where course credit was granted
- minimum 2.75 GPA in your last 60 hours of undergraduate course work (plus any completed graduate courses)
- audition or portfolio and interview
- statement of purpose
- three letters of recommendation
Non-native English speakers who do not qualify for an English proficiency waiver:
- official TOEFL iBT scores required with a 78 overall
- official IELTS (academic) scores required with a 6.5.
International15440 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15440 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National15440 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15440 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State7880 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7880 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.