The department at San José State University strikes a balance between theory and practice. Graduates from the MA- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages program staff many of the area's English as a Second Language programs at the community college, adult school and private program level.
In addition, a number of TESOL graduates have chosen careers in international settings, teaching English as a Foreign Language in universities, schools and companies in Taiwan, Korea, Japan, Hungary, Mexico and other countries. MA- TESOL graduates are also eligible to teach abroad through the U.S. government sponsored Fulbright and English Teaching Fellow programs.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Becoming a Professional in Linguistics/TESOL
- English Structures for Teaching
- Second Language Acquisition
- Intercultural Communication and Second Language Acquisition
- Methods and Materials for Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Teaching Linguistics View 1045 other Masters in Teaching in United States
- U.S. bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution, or the completion of a 4-year bachelor’s degree from a recognized, accredited, and approved institution from a country outside of the U.S.
- A 2.5 GPA (from the 0.0-4.0 U.S. grading scale) in the last degree completed, or a 2.5 GPA in the last two years of full time study. Please note that individual program requirements may have a higher GPA requirement.
- Good academic standing at the last institution attended.
- English Language Proficiency Exam, if necessary (see Step 5 for requirements).
International7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7176 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7176 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.