Students take courses in a cohort-based model, which contributes to a strong learning community. Students hold graduate assistantship positions across campus and internships at institutions in the Central Texas region and beyond, allowing for the development of valuable experiences and skills and an opportunity to bridge classroom learning and professional practice.
The purpose of the Student Affairs in Higher Education program from Texas State University is to develop well-prepared student affairs practitioners who are able to:
provide leadership and facilitate student development in a variety of professional roles
- work effectively with faculty, students, administrators, and other members of the academic community
- apply theory, research, and assessment and evaluation models to student affairs issues, problems, and programs
Students participate in a dynamic and multi-modal learning setting in which critical thinking, scholarship, intentional practice, introspection, and ethical practice are valued. Classroom learning is complemented by three substantial practical experiences (one graduate assistantship and two internships).
Programme StructureCourses include:
Governance and Legal Issues in Higher Education
Assessment, Strategic Planning, and Evaluation in Student Affairs
Basic Helping Skills
Student Affairs Capstone: The Application of Principles and Theories to Case Studies
Multicultural Practice and Social Justice in Student Affairs
Leadership in Student Affairs.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Adult Education View 157 other Masters in Adult Education in United States
- baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited university
- a copy of an official transcript from each institution where course credit was granted
- competitive GPA in your last 60 hours of undergraduate course work (plus any completed graduate courses)
- statement of purpose (maximum 500 words, double-spaced in essay format)
- three letters of recommendation
- semi-finalist applicants will be expected to participate in an on-campus interview
International32130 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 765 USD per credit during 12 months.
National32130 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 765 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State14994 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 357 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for San Marcos
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.