You will have access to 88 dedicated laboratories. This includes our campus labs as well as facilities at the University of Dayton Research Institute, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base Air Force Research Laboratories and several major private industries.
Major areas of Mechanical Engineering at all at the University of Dayton include:
- Solid mechanics
- Design and manufacturing
Students interact closely with faculty in the classroom and work side by side with professionals in top-notch research facilities. Full- and part-time students enjoy the flexibility of evening courses taught by our dedicated faculty who have earned a national reputation for excellence in teaching.
The M.S. in Mechanical Engineering program at the University of Dayton attracts some of the brightest minds in the field, providing you the opportunity to work on concentrations in engineering mechanics, energy, materials, thermo-fluids or robotics with the best teachers, professionals and fellow students.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Thermodynamics of Solids
- Mechanical Behavior of Materials
- Principles of Material Selections
- Principles in Corrosion
- Experimental Mechanics of Composite Materials
- Advanced Composites
- Analytical Mechanics of Composite Materials
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Mechanical Engineering View 324 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
In addition to the online application, you should submit the following:
- Official academic records of all previously attended colleges or universities must be submitted directly from the colleges or universities to the Office of Graduate Admission Processing. Hand-carried transcripts, official copies marked Issued to Student and unofficial copies are not acceptable.
- Three letters of recommendation from professors or employers.
- A personal statement or résumé.
- Results from the GRE are not required. However, candidates are welcome to submit a score in support of their application.
- Applicants must have an undergraduate degree from an accredited program in engineering, physics, chemistry, applied mathematics or other appropriate program of study.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15075 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1005 USD per credit during 24 months.
National15075 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1005 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Dayton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.