Closely tied to industry needs and applications, the program supports research in turbulence, mechanical design, additive manufacturing, computational fluid dynamics, microgravity fluid management, microfluidics, motion synthesis for manufacturing, and material handling processes. The Mechanical Engineering from Portland State University features research thrusts spanning a wide range of cutting-edge and specialty areas.
Applicants to the master's program need a solid undergraduate engineering background, while applicants to the Ph.D. program need a strong graduate engineering background. Both programs require applicants to display an ability to work independently, and a desire to work on problems with no obvious solution.
Careers in the Mechanical Engineering field can span various industries, including:
- additive manufacturing
- heating, ventilation, and air conditioning
- materials and metals
- mechanical design
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Engineering Analysis
- Advanced Heat Transfer
- Applied Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Control Engineering
- Finite Element Modeling and Analysis
- 3D Printing, Rapid Prototyping, and Additive Manufacturing
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 452 other Masters in Mechanical Engineering in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- To be considered for regular admission, applicants must have a minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.75 or the equivalent (on the U.S. 4.0 scale) from the degree granting institution(s). Applicants who have earned 9 or more letter-graded graduate credits must have a minimum graduate GPA of 3.0 or the equivalent; this graduate GPA supersedes the undergraduate GPA.
- Copies of official degree certificate/diploma
- Certified translation of transcripts
- Financial documentation demonstrating adequate financial support for at least the first year of study
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International33120 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 736 USD per credit during 12 months.
National33120 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 736 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State22905 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 509 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Portland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.