- The MSPH in Industrial Hygiene at Tulane University provides the knowledge and skills to identify workplace hazards, comply with government regulations, and manage occupational exposures and risk.
- The program is ABET-accredited and graduates receive one year of credit towards the experience requirement to sit for the exam to become a board-certified industrial hygienist (CIH, American Board of Industrial Hygiene). This program is offered on-campus and by distance learning.
- The Tulane MSPH program in Industrial Hygiene is supported by a Training and Education grant awarded by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH). Students in the MSPH–IH program are eligible to apply for a NIOSH traineeship which may provide partial tuition support and stipend. For further details on the NIOSH training program, contact Program Director Dr. Roy Rando.
At the completion of the MSPH degree, the student will be able to:
- Anticipate and identify hazards in the workplace using basic and applied scientific and engineering principles.
- Quantify and evaluate the hazard or risks of occupational health stressors utilizing the methods and techniques of analytical chemistry, other measurement sciences, and statistics.
- Analyze and interpret toxicology and epidemiology data and information on occupational health hazards.
- Design and evaluate engineering and administrative controls for workplace hazards, with emphasis on general and local exhaust ventilation.
- Select and specify appropriate types of personal protective equipment for control of occupational exposures.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the development, management, and evaluation of industrial hygiene programs.
- Communicate verbally and in writing, the nature, risks, and remediation of workplace and environmental hazards.
- Interpret and apply environmental and occupational safety and health regulations and standards.
- Foundations in Public Health
- Biostatistics for Public Health
- Epidemiology for Public Health
- Health Systems Policy and Management
- Design Strategies in PH Programs
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 2099 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- Official transcripts sent directly to SOPHAS from all institutions attended
- A personal statement that clearly and directly address the following:
- Why are you applying to Tulane SPHTM, and the specific program/option/concentration you chose?
- How will earning this degree help you achieve your professional goals?
- What have you learned from successes and/or challenges in your past educational, professional, and/or personal experiences? Please use specific examples, as applicable.
- Minimum of 2 letters of recommendation
International36119 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1537 USD per credit during 24 months.
National36119 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1537 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for New Orleans
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.