The Public Health MPH program from San José State University aims to provide professional education that prepares both students and graduates with knowledge, conceptual frameworks, health education and public health competencies, in order to develop programs, build community capacity, and advocate policy for health equity.
Graduates with Public Health from San José State University will be able to:
- Apply quantitative and qualitative forms of analysis to emerging trends, priorities, and assets in order to predict future individual, community, and population health needs and opportunities, taking into account public health’s historical foundations and current evidence base, and to communicate the implications for health promotion policy and practice.
- Apply concepts and theories of behavior, education, systems, complexity, communication, and ecological frameworks to design, plan, implement, evaluate, and disseminate health education and health promotion interventions and policy in accordance with public health objectives, community needs, and organizational and community goals.
- Provide technical assistance and act as a health education resource across a broad range of settings to promote community health through community building and organizing with identified stakeholders, including community members, consumers, health practitioners and health care providers, policy and decision-makers.
- Apply principles and skills of leadership and management to human, fiscal, capital, and social resources when administering health education strategies, interventions, and programs.
- Apply the principles and skills of effective inclusive and multicultural practice when engaging with individuals, groups, organizations, and communities from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Apply policy analysis methods and develop an advocacy strategy to advance public health policy.
- Advance public health practice and the health education profession by drawing upon historical and contemporary contributions of the field and applying principles of social justice.
- Adhere to standards for ethical practice and research based on their personal values and mission statements, institutional mandates, and the Code of Ethics for the Health Education Profession, in order to apply them to fields of public health and community health education.
- Groups and Training: Theory and Practice
- Quantitative Methods in Public Health
- Evaluation Methods for Public Health Practice
- Health Policy and Organization
- Environmental Health
- Theoretical Foundations of Public Health
- Health Promotion Planning and Evaluation
- Community Organization and Health Promotion
- Multicultural Communication for Health Professionals
- Public Health Leadership
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Administration Health Sciences View 990 other Masters in Health Administration in United States
- Pay application fee
- GRE Scores
- Sealed official transcripts
- Complete application
- At least two letters of recommendation
- Statement of Purpose (1-2 pages)
- U.S. bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution, or the completion of a 4-year bachelor’s degree from a recognized, accredited, and approved institution from a country outside of the U.S.
- A 3.0 institutional GPA (from the 0.0-4.0 U.S. grading scale) in the last degree completed, or a 3.0 GPA in the last two years of full time study.
- Good academic standing at the last institution attended.
- English Language Proficiency Exam
- International Coursework and Degrees
- Submit Declaration of Finance Form
- Submit Bank Letter or Bank Statement
- Submit Copy of Current Passport
- Submit Copy of Current Visa
International7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3588 USD per semester during 24 months.
National7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3588 USD per semester during 24 months.
- Non-CA Resident tuition includes an additional $396 per unit.
Living costs for San Jose
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.