This is a 1-year non-thesis program of study of cadaveric dissection-based gross anatomy, embryology, cell biology and histology, and neuroscience leading to a Master of Science degree in Anatomy offered by Tulane University. It is designed specifically for candidates who plan to attend medical school, or dental school, or enroll in other professional or advanced degree programs; it serves to improve credentials to compete for admission to a medical or dental school.
The degree program offers a carefully designed curriculum that includes taking classes with medical students, participating in a learning experience that closely models the medical school environment (small group teaching and learning, problem-based learning, team-based learning, simulation, early standardized patient experience, virtual microscopy, dissection-based anatomy). Class size is maintained at 20 students to maximize the small-group teaching environment. Students in the MS program take anatomy and histology courses alongside first year medical students at Tulane Medical School. All other graduate courses are taught within the School of Medicine by full time Medical School faculty.
- Graduate Anatomy
- Anatomy Research Sem I
- Advances in Anatomical Sci I
- Anatomical Techniques
- Grad Intro Functional Anatomy
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine View 766 other Masters in Human Medicine in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Letters of recommendation to Tulane University School of Medicine should be submitted through the AMCAS primary application.
- A committee letter packet
- In the absence of a committee at your school, three recommendations are required
- Two letters must be from science professors and one can be from a professional (professor/ supervisor) of your choosing
- Tulane no longer accepts mailed, faxed or emailed letters of recommendation. There are several ways in which a letter writer may submit letters to AMCAS: VirtualEvals, Interfolio, and via U.S. Mail. In addition, letter writers may upload letters directly to AMCAS through the AMCAS Letter Writer Application
International26500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13250 USD per semester during 12 months.
National26500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13250 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for New Orleans
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.