- Whether you are a full- or part-time student, the master's degree in English studies at the University of Dayton is designed to prepare you for professional success. Many of our students go on to successfully complete a Ph.D., and others refine their skills for professional development and advancement.
- You will take a balanced program of courses to thoroughly prepare you for the next stage in your career.
- Recent graduates have continued on to Ph.D programs in Literature and Rhetoric and Composition at institutions including Ball State, Bowling Green, Florida State, Kent State, Illinois State, Indiana University-Pennsylvania, Marquette, New Mexico, Ohio University, Southern Illinois-Carbondale, Tennessee, Virginia Tech and the University of Kentucky.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Literary & Cultural Studies Concentration
- Writing & Rhetoric Concentration
- TESOL Concentration
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
There are two application deadlines each year:
- December 15 (for anyone who wishes to be considered for a teaching assistantship)
- June 15
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Literature View 1042 other Masters in Language Studies in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Applicants to the English program should submit the following information in addition to the online application:
- Official academic records of all previously attended colleges or universities must be submitted directly from the colleges or universities to the Office of Graduate Admission Processing. Hand-carried transcripts, official copies marked Issued to Student and unofficial copies are not acceptable.
- Three letters of recommendation from professors or employers.
- A personal statement.
- A writing sample of 8-10 pages (or the combined equivalent thereof if you do not have a paper of this length) that preferably contains a thesis-driven argument.
- Teaching Concentration Only: a copy of current teaching license or an official letter from current school principal indicating that you are a full-time teacher.
Additional requirements apply for international students.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15075 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1005 USD per credit during 24 months.
National15075 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1005 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Dayton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.