The Environmental Management program from Portland State University prepares you for a high-demand, rewarding career analyzing and managing natural environments for human benefit and ecosystem health.
A graduate environmental management degree helps you advance your career and make an impact with organizations ranging from federal and state resource management agencies to environmental consulting firms and industry.
With continued population growth putting more pressure on the environment and the public becoming more environmentally conscious, employment for environmental scientists and specialists is projected to grow 11 percent from 2016 to 2026, faster than the average for all jobs, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Join our alumni, who have gone on to work in critically important jobs with federal and state resource agencies, federal and state regulatory agencies, city and county governments, non-governmental organizations, environmental consulting firms, and industry.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Speakers Series Seminar
- Water Quality Policy & Management
- Natural Resource Policy & Management
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Environmental Justice
- Urban Ecology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Management View 236 other Masters in Environmental Management in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Statement of purpose prompt for MS applicants
- Current resume or CV (as PDF).
- PDF copies of transcripts of college and university work. (Unofficial transcripts are acceptable for the review process. Before you receive permission to register you will need to provide official transcripts.) For information on transcripts see the Office of Graduate Studies requirements.
- Three letters of recommendation from persons qualified to assess your promise as a grad student.
- A satisfactory score on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is required for international students.
- Identification of a potential advisor. No student is admitted without an advisor.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International31860 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 708 USD per credit during 12 months.
National31860 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 708 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State21510 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 478 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Portland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.