The transdisciplinary early childhood education program brings professionals from a variety of disciplines together to share information and develop expertise that benefits young children.
At the University of Dayton, learning to be a teacher is about building learning communities through critical reflection. Because fields in the School of Education & Health Sciences require you to interact with others — and perhaps profoundly affect their lives — it's important for you to gain both knowledge and skills. Thus, whatever major you choose in the Department of Teacher Education, valuable real-world experiences are part of the curriculum.
More informationVisit official programme website
EDT 500Models of Teaching
EDT 502Philosophical Studies in Education
EDT 503History of Education in the United States
EDT 660Introduction to Educational Research
EDT 510Introduction to Transdisciplinary Early Childhood Education
EDT 512Summer Play Institute
EDT 513Developmentally and Individually Appropriate Practice
EDT 516Collaborative Assessment Birth to Age Eight
EDT 517Early Childhood Seminar on Medical and Health Issues
EDT 573Collaborating with Families, Professionals and Agencies
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Early Childhood Education View 3529 other Masters in Education in United States
- Official academic records of all previously attended colleges or universities must be submitted directly from the colleges or universities to the Office of Graduate Admission Processing. Hand-carried transcripts, official copies marked Issued to Student and unofficial copies are not acceptable.
- Three letters of recommendation from professors or employers.
- A personal statement or résumé.
- Results from the GRE or MAT are required for applicants with an undergraduate grade-point average below 2.75 on a 4.0 scale (*See below).
- Submit copies of Praxis, or the Ohio Assessment for Educators, passing score(s) results of content area(s).
International645 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 645 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National645 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 645 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Tuition per credit hour!
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.