We embrace a holistic approach to working with individuals, families and communities, and you'll learn to use leading methodologies to practice effectively in any environment.
The flexibility of the program structure allows you to choose from two tracks — 2.5 years or 3.5 years.
To receive your Professional Counseling License (PC), you're required to pass a test from the State of Ohio Counselor, Social Worker, and Marriage and Family Therapist Board (CSWMFT). After completing two additional years of supervised experience, you'll be licensed as a Professional Clinical Counselor (PCC).
Graduates of the Clinical Mental Health Counseling program from University of Dayton work in a variety of settings, including community agencies, hospitals and clinics, as well as in private practices, providing counseling and psychotherapy for clients who are struggling with mental and emotional disorders, substance abuse, family and relationship difficulties, and career development needs.
The UD Clinical Mental Health Counseling program is accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Career Counseling
- Personality & Human Development Across the Lifespan
- Assessment in Counseling
- Theories & Techniques of Counseling
- Biological Bases of Behavior
- Counseling Diverse Populations
- Theories & Techniques of Group Counseling
- Foundations in Abnormal Psychology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Counselling Psychology View 1225 other Masters in Psychology in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Official academic records of all previously attended colleges or universities must be submitted directly from the colleges or universities to the Office of Graduate Admission Processing. Hand-carried transcripts, official copies marked Issued to Student and unofficial copies are not acceptable.
- Three letters of recommendation from professors or employers.
- A personal statement regarding career goals and aspirations.
- Results from the GRE or MAT are required for applicants with an undergraduate grade-point average below 2.75 on a 4.0 scale.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17160 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 715 USD per credit during 30 months.
National17160 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 715 USD per credit during 30 months.
Living costs for Dayton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.