The MA program in International Relations (2 years) at Central European University (CEU) is designed for candidates who graduated from a three-year bachelor’s program and wish to deepen their thinking about the workings of international relations.
The program complements solid academic education with training in practical and transferable skills to enable the graduates to be competitive on the job market within and outside academia.
- Program approved and registered by the New York State Education Department
- Program registered as a non-degree post-graduate specialization program by the Hungarian Educational Authority (HEA)
- Program accredited by the Agency for Quality Assurance and Accreditation Austria (AQ-Austria)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
In the first year, the program provides students with a general foundation in international relations, plus more specific exposure to questions relating to the study of international security and the global economy. In the second year, the students are offered a combination of gateway and elective classes so they can build specialized knowledge in subfields such as conflict and security or development.
- Critical Security Studies
- International Relations Concepts & Theories
- International relations theory
- International and European Refugee Law and Policy
- International Intervention and Statebuilding
- International Law in a Turbulent World
- International Political Economy
- Knowing, Narrating, (re)Writing International Relations
- Organizing the World: International Institutions and Global Governance in Postwar Politics
- Political Economy of Development
- Political Economy of the European Union
- Politics of International Money and Finance
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Feb. 1: financial aid
- March 15: self-financing candidates requiring a study visa
- Aug. 16: self-financing candidates not requiring a study visa
DisciplinesBusiness Administration International Relations International Business View 8 other Masters in International Relations in Austria
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed online application form: www.ceu.edu/apply
- Proof of English proficiency
- Letters of recommendation
- Bachelor’s degree in a social sciences discipline or a related field
- Academic records
- Statement of purpose
- Writing sample(s)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International12000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA12000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12000 EUR per year during 24 months.
Generous scholarships are available to accepted students from any country.
Living costs for Vienna
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
In pursuit of its mission, CEU strives to attract world-class graduate talent from all over the world, offering generous scholarships available to students from any country.
In 2018-2019, 82% of CEU students received financial aid, ranging from tuition awards to scholarships with stipends and housing. Learn more about how to fund your studies at www.ceu.edu/financialaid.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.