Less than 5% of the world’s accounting programs hold this status by meeting specific standards of excellence and demonstrating superior quality programs.
The Accountancy program from Texas State University offers student-centered programs that encourage thoughtful appreciation of the ethical implications of accounting, auditing, and financial reporting.
The MAcy program provides a student-centered learning community that prepares a diverse student population for professional success, creates and values research and other intellectual contributions, and provides service to the profession, university, and community.
The program provides instruction and curricula emphasizing critical thinking, communication skills, and the use of technology that prepares students for the changing accounting environment. The primary goal of the program is to enable students to develop strong conceptual foundations, technical skills, and ethical decision-making practices that prepare graduates for professional licensure and certification and future leadership roles in businesses and organizations.
The program prepares students for careers in the following areas:
- public accounting as an auditor, tax professional, forensic accountant, or business consultant
- industry as an internal auditor, controller, financial analyst, or chief financial officer
- government as an IRS agent, FBI agent, or defense contract auditor
- not-for-profit organizations
- education as an accounting academic
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Advanced Accounting
- Individual Income Tax
- Professional Accounting Research
- Financial Statement Reporting and Analysis
- IT Auditing
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Accounting View 709 other Masters in Accounting in United States
Application FeeTranscripts & GPA
- baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited university
- a copy of an official transcript from each institution where course credit was granted
- a competitive GPA in your last 60 hours of undergraduate course work (plus any completed graduate courses)
- background course work
GRE or GMAT Scores
International22950 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 765 USD per credit during 12 months.
National22950 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 765 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State10710 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 357 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for San Marcos
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.