Program options include on-campus full-time, online full-time or part-time, and regular or advanced standing.
Students of the Advanced Practice Leadership - Advanced BSW Holders Concentration program from Texas State University prepare for advanced-level leadership integrating practice and administration skills, particularly with diverse populations receiving public services.
The School of Social Work at Texas State University prepares culturally responsive, advocacy-focused, ethical social workers who are prepared to serve as leaders for positive change. It advances the purpose of social work, which is to promote personal and organizational well-being and to build a more just society. The Advanced Practice Leadership curriculum allows students to integrate direct [practice] and administrative course work in order to train ethical, effective social workers. The program celebrates their distinguished alumni, who are recognized social work leaders at the state, national and global levels.
M.S.W. graduates are employed across Texas, the U.S., and the world in a variety of practice fields, including child welfare, healthcare, behavioral mental health, education, and criminal justice. Alumni also fill a range of leadership positions in different agency-based settings, such as clinical practice, program development, or administration. The university’s location in the Austin-San Antonio corridor provides a range of opportunities for on-campus students.
- Students who hold a bachelor of social work (B.S.W.) degree from a CSWE-accredited university apply for advanced standing and enroll directly in the advanced year. Non-B.S.W. degree holders apply for regular standing and enroll in the two-year program, starting with the foundation year.
- The advanced practice leadership curriculum integrates both direct practice and administrative courses. The master of social work (M.S.W.) online option can be completed on a full- or part-time basis.
- The on-campus cohort is full-time only. Core faculty teaches most graduate courses, especially at the advanced level. Students have some flexibility to engage in specialized study through electives and their internship, which entails intensive M.S.W.-supervised agency-based practice. Graduates are eligible for state licensure exams and have a very high passing rate.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology Management, Organisation & Leadership View 2526 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
- completed online application
- $55 nonrefundable application fee OR
- $90 nonrefundable application fee for applications with international credentials
- baccalaureate degree in social work (B.S.W.) with regional and CSWE (Council on Social Work Education) accreditations, earned within the last ten years
- a copy of an official transcript from each institution where course credit was granted
- minimum 2.9 GPA in your last 60 hours of undergraduate course work (plus any completed graduate courses)
- minimum 2.9 GPA in the last two full academic years of study
- minimum 2.9 GPA in all undergraduate social work courses
International27540 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 765 USD per credit during 12 months.
National27540 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 765 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State12852 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 357 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for San Marcos
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.