Education, Concentration in Special Education from San José State University is a rigorous program designed to give an opportunity to candidates with experience in the field to ask questions about practices, policies, educational strategies or attitudes that can be answered by conducting a research project. The candidates utilize their experiences and knowledge from courses to design a research study that investigates an issue.
Graduates with Education, Concentration in Special Education from San José State University will be able to:
- Assess and identify the educational needs and strengths of students with disabilities from diverse socioeconomic, cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
- Critically evaluate pedagogy, curricula and instructional materials grounded in quality indicators of evidence-based practices for students with disabilities.
- Plan, design, implement, and monitor linguistically and culturally appropriate instruction that meets the unique needs of students with disabilities.
- Apply knowledge of the purpose, characteristics, and appropriate use of different types of assessments used for special education eligibility, placement, and service selection.
- Utilize research-based knowledge and theoretical, conceptual and evidence-based practices related to individuals with disabilities to improve services and instruction in the field.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- ASD: Moderate to Severe Disabilities
- Issues and Research in Special Education
- Educational Research: Design and Implementation
- Issues Related to Teaching Exceptional Individuals
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Special Education View 695 other Masters in Special Education in United States
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent and a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better.
- Passing score on the Department of Special Education writing assessment or GRE Analytical Writing (passing score of 4.0 score or better).
- Certificate of Clearance.
- STAT 95 or equivalent basic statistics course with a grade of 3.0 or better.
- A teaching credential in special education is recommended.
- English Language Proficiency Exam
- International Coursework and Degrees
- Submit U.S./Canada Transcripts
- Submit Test Scores
- Submit Declaration of Finance Form
- Submit Bank Letter or Bank Statement
- Submit Copy of Current Passport
- Submit Copy of Current Visa
International7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7176 USD per year during 12 months.
National7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7176 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for San Jose
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.