Graduates of the Education, Concentration in Special Education program at San José State Universityare advocates for children. Our programs provide the knowledge and expertise necessary to teach students and young children with disabilities, to serve as change agents, and to help make lives the very best they can be.
The alumni are passionate about learning and education. We offer preparation for the Preliminary Education Specialist Teaching Credential in three areas (mild to moderate disabilities, moderate to severe disabilities, and early childhood special education) that can be completed as an Intern (or first year teacher) or as a traditional student.
The Concurrent Option is the opportunity to earn the Education Specialist Mild to Moderate Disabilities Credential and the Multiple Subjects and/or Single Subjects Credential at the same time. We also have programs for the Added Authorizations in Early Childhood Special Education and Autism Spectrum Disorders, as well as the Certificate in Theory, Knowledge and Practice about Autism Spectrum Disorders. We offer a Master's of Arts degree with a Special Education Emphasis.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Seminar on Issues Related to Teaching Exceptional Individuals
- Issues and Research in Special Education
- Educational Research: Design and Implementation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesEducation View 3625 other Masters in Education in United States
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent and a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better;
- Passing score on the Department of Special Education writing assessment or GRE Analytical Writing (passing score of 4.0 score or better);
- Certificate of Clearance;
- STAT 095, Elementary Statistics or equivalent basic statistics course with a grade of 3.0 or better; and
- A teaching credential in special education is recommended
International7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7176 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7176 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.