Throughout these processes, private individuals and health insurance companies are billed using digital transference. This Medical Informatics postgraduate course at Deggendorf Institute of Technology enables students to reinforce, deepen and expand their theorectical and factual knowledge to to meet the requirements of modern research and development fields in the telematic, telemedicine and e-health industries, as well as in service provider fields in national or international health networks.
In addition to Germany, the digitization of healthcare is being promoted in many different European countries, giving our graduates the opportunity to use this postgraduate degree to really specialize their IT expertise in this speciific area to continue into doctorate studies or research work in scientific areas and kick-start a fantastic career.
Today, many processes and procedures in the health care industry are only possible through comprehensive IT support. Informatics provides the healthcare industry with IT solutions and works predominantly at the intersection of IT, medicine, nursing care, pharmaceutics, medical technology and administration. Accordingly, there is a high demand for qualified health computer scientists in the following fields:
- IT departments and data centres in hospitals and practices
- Health insurance companies
- Pharmaceutical industry and medical technology
- Healthcare organizations such as medical care centres and hospital and clinic networks
- Service industries in healthcare (logistics, software development, consulting)
The aim of the programme goes beyond the basic objective of “employability” toward professional proficiency and career success.
The focus is on hands-on, solution-oriented and implementation-oriented competencies in an international context, which are gained through concrete, practice-based projects and real-life case studies. Competencies in the areas of Health Care, eHealth, Research and Methodology as well as Soft Skills will be developed through a module-based course structure. Within the modules, synthesis and synchronization will be achieved through translating knowledge into concrete case studies (deduction and induction). As a rule, case studies, projects and “hot topics” make up approximately 50% of each module.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- International Health Care Management
- International Health Care Law
- Medical Informatics
- Case Study Medical Informatics
- Standards, Terminology and Classification in Medicine
- Case Study Standards, Terminology and Classfication in Medicine
- Evidence-based Medicine
- Case Study Evidence-based Medicine
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Sciences Business Information Systems View 13 other Masters in Business Information Systems in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- During the admission process, you must complete a pre-check with uni-assist as well.
- This involves uploading all documents and certificates required for university entrance qualification on the uni-assist platform
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 18 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 18 months.
No tuition fees, only €62 student services fee per semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.