- A variety of opportunities exist for M.A. in Sociology at Ohio University students to obtain training and experience both inside and outside the classroom. Sociology faculty members are actively engaged in research and publication, provide leadership in regional and national professional associations, and have received numerous awards for teaching excellence.
- Students are encouraged to apprentice with faculty members on research projects, teaching internships, and related professional experiences. Students also may choose to work at various institutes and centers in the university or to participate in an interdisciplinary program such as international and area studies, women's studies, and environmental studies.
Opportunities upon Graduation
- After completing the M.A. in Sociology at Ohio University, many students successfully pursue doctoral or law degrees, teach at two-year colleges, or find employment in various government and private agencies. Students who complete the master's degree in Sociology have pursued advanced graduate training in social science disciplines and other professional programs. Others have found employment in applied settings in research, professional service in non-profit agencies, management in private and public entities, public policy work, and teaching in two-year institutions.
- Media and Society
- Contemporary Social Movements
- Society and Individual
- Group Processes
- Comparative Studies of Family
- The American Family System
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesAnthropology Sociology View 610 other Masters in Sociology in United States
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is recommended but not required. These scores are one component of a larger evaluation of an application and offer additional information in the overall assessment.
- A completed online application for admission
- Written statement: Please attach to the online application a written statement describing areas of interest and reasons for wanting to study sociology.
- Writing sample: Please attach to the online application a writing sample such as a term paper.
- Letters of reference: Submit with application letters of reference from three persons qualified to evaluate capability for graduate study in sociology. At least two letters should come from college instructors.
- English Proficiency.
International12948 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6474 USD per semester during 12 months.
National12948 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6474 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State6996 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3498 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Athens
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.