The Applied Mathematics program from University of Dayton combines a core curriculum in the Department of Mathematics blending analysis, linear algebra, and elective areas of study such as modeling, numerical analysis and statistics.
In addition, each student, in consultation with the Department of Mathematics, selects a four-course concentration. This area of concentration can be in computer science, engineering, business, or another area outside the Department of Mathematics.
The capstone element of the program is a Mathematics Clinic, a research project in which the student applies mathematical, numerical, or statistical modeling methods to a problem related to the student's concentration. The Mathematics Clinic can be a team project and can involve faculty members from several departments.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Real Analysis and Applications
- Mathematics Clinic
- Linear Algebra
- Advanced Differential Equations
- Difference Equations & Applications
- Partial Differential Equations
- Methods of Mathematical Physics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
We will continue to process complete applications received after the deadline; however we cannot guarantee an admission decision will be reached in time to begin the desired term.
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics Actuarial Science View 983 other Masters in Mathematics in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Dayton and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Application - Submit either the graduate application or doctoral application, based on the degree program you plan to pursue.
- Letters of recommendation - A recommendation form can be sent directly to the individual(s) who are writing your letters.
- A personal statement / writing sample
- Transcripts from previously attended institutions
- Proof of English Proficiency
- F-1 and J-1 students - You must provide a letter of financial support and a bank statement showing sufficient funds to cover the first year of study.
- A graduate entrance examination - Certain programs may require a graduate entrance exam, such as the GRE or GMAT. Please check your program requirements to confirm.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International33990 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1030 USD per credit during 12 months.
National33990 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1030 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Dayton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.