The Taxation MSc program from San José State University fits you if you are currently working in the area of tax and want to gain a greater understanding of the rules, improve your research skills, become a better tax planner or broaden your career opportunities or maybe you’re an accounting undergraduate or working professional in need of an additional 30 units to become a CPA.
Graduates with Taxation from San José State University will be able to:
- identify, understand and resolve complex and multijurisdictional tax issues within the context of our global economy and society.
- learn and acquire research skills for exploring both familiar and novel areas of the tax law and to communicate the findings using clear terms.
- develop conceptual and critical analytic skills with real world applications.
- appreciate tax policy issues and foundations of the tax law.
- understand the ethical implications of tax practice.
- develop skills for effective tax practice including keeping current, interacting with others, and career advancement.
- Taxation of Partnerships
- Taxation of Estates and Trusts
- Taxation of Corporate Reorganizations
- International Tax - US Corporations with Foreign Activities
- International Tax - Individuals and Foreign Corporations
- Taxation of S Corporations
- Taxation of Property Transactions
- Tax Practices, Penalties and Procedures
- Taxation of Executive Compensation
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Finance Taxation View 193 other Masters in Taxation in United States
- A 4-year bachelor's degree
- A preferred GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Official transcripts from all colleges or Universities attended
- or WES
- Personal Statement
- GMAT or GRE scores
- Optional - Letter of Recommendation
- English Language Proficiency
- Good academic standing at the last institution attended
- International Coursework and Degrees
- Submit Declaration of Finance Form
- Submit Bank Letter or Bank Statement
- Submit Copy of Current Passport
- Submit Copy of Current Visa
International7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3588 USD per semester during 12 months.
National7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3588 USD per semester during 12 months.
- Non-CA Resident tuition includes an additional $396 per unit.
Living costs for San Jose
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.