Why to study
- As well, the Social Sciences Department at the University of Regina maintains a commitment to a strong interdisciplinary social science program which can draw on resources of other departments and academic areas.
- The Department offers two thesis-based graduate programs leading to the MA degree in Sociology or in Social Studies.
- The Department offers an interdisciplinary course-based graduate program leading to the MA degree in Social Studies.
- The Department also offers individual PhD programs in Sociology or in Social Studies on an exceptional, case-by-case basis.
- Advanced Sociological Theory
- Advanced Research Methods
- Advanced Studies in Canadian Social Theory
- Seminar on Class and Political Economy
- Seminar on Development and the Environment
- Seminar on Development and Underdevelopment
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology View 46 other Masters in Social Work in Canada
- A four-year bachelor’s degree for entrance to a master’s program
- International applicants should consult the website regarding acceptable standards for admission, and are encouraged to submit the results of the Graduate Record Exam (GRE), especially the score for the subject test in the discipline being sought. English Proficiency Tests
- A completed on-line Application Form
- Reference Forms
- A Resume and Personal Statement of Interest outlining one’s purpose in applying to graduate studies.
- Fee: A non-refundable fee of $100 (Cdn funds) for ALL domestic and international applicants (subject to change) is to be paid on-line with the on-line application.
- Test Scores
International6916 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3458 CAD per semester during 12 months.
National4350 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2175 CAD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Regina
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.