You'll focus on all levels of education, including schools, colleges, universities and continuing professional development. You'll learn to handle complex issues at an advanced level and if you're already in a professional role, you'll develop the skills needed to lead in education policy and pedagogy, enhancing your career prospects.
What you'll experience
- Examine contemporary issues and perspectives in education at a local, national and global level
- Study educational research methods in preparation for a dissertation or work-based project
- Approach education from a variety of perspectives, such as psychology, sociology and pedagogy
- Carry out a research project related to your employment
Work experience and career planning
When you finish the course, your understanding of both the theory and practical application of current knowledge in the field of education will place you in a strong position to advance your career.
Career opportunities include:
- University lecturer
- School mentor
- Senior educational leader/manager
- Academic study
Once you graduate, our Careers and Employability service will help you find a job that puts your skills to use.
You can continue to use this service for up to 5 years after you leave the University, so we'll be on hand to support you as you advance in your career.
Teaching and Programme Assessment
You'll be assessed through:
- dissertation or report
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Approaches to Education Studies
- Contemporary Perspectives in Educational Studies
- Research Methods in Education
- Contemporary Issues in Special Education Needs and Disability
- Education in a Global Context
- Leadership, Policy and Strategy: The Management of Educational Change
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
If you are an International student and require to apply for a study visa, we advise that you apply earlier and allow additional time for it to be processed.
DisciplinesEducation Educational Research View 298 other Masters in Educational Research in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
A good honours degree or equivalent in a relevant subject. Exceptionally, equivalent professional experience and/or qualifications will be considered.
English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 6.5 with no component score below 6.0.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16200 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9400 GBP per year during 12 months.
- EU students – £9,400 a year (including Transition Scholarship)
- NATIONAL and EU: £4,700 per year
- NON-EU: £8,100 per year
Living costs for Portsmouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.