You'll focus on all levels of education, including schools, colleges, universities and continuing professional development. You'll learn to handle complex issues at an advanced level and if you're already in a professional role, you'll develop the skills needed to lead in education policy and pedagogy, enhancing your career prospects.
What you will experience?
On this course, you'll:
- Examine contemporary issues and perspectives in education at a local, national and global level
- Study educational research methods in preparation for a dissertation or work-based project
- Approach education from a variety of perspectives, such as psychology, sociology and pedagogy
- Carry out a research project related to your employment
When you finish the course, your understanding of both the theory and practical application of current knowledge in the field of education will place you in a strong position to advance your career.
Career opportunities include:
- University lecturer
- School mentor
- Senior educational leader/manager
- Academic study
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Approaches to Education Studies
- Contemporary Perspectives in Educational Studies
- Research Methods in Education
- Childhood Studies: The Child's Voice in the 21st century
- Educational Psychology
- Special Educational Needs and Disability
- Pedagogy and Practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Educational Research View 858 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A good honours degree or equivalent in a relevant subject. Exceptionally, equivalent professional experience and/or qualifications will be considered.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.