Why to study
- It includes several religious traditions, thematic, and methodological studies. Religious Studies offers an M.A. program at the University of Regina, consisting of a minimum of 15 credit hours of courses at the 800 level and 15 credit hours of thesis research. Students are encouraged to focus their thesis work on comparative topics in religion.
- Students will be assigned to a specific faculty member who will act as their supervisor. Candidates may also utilize the expertise of non-religious studies faculty in the composition of their supervising committees and, with special permission, for the position of supervisor. Students will be required to submit their individual programs to the Religious Studies Instructors Committee for approval.
- Under the advisement of the thesis committee, candidates will normally fulfill a foreign language requirement. Particularly candidates who might be considering Doctoral studies will be strongly encouraged to develop proficiency in an appropriate foreign language. This requirement must be successfully completed before the thesis is presented.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Theory and Method for the Study of Religion
- Comparative Religious Thought
- Religion After Modernity
- Religious Studies Research Seminar
- Feminist Contributions to the Study of Religion
- Advanced Studies in the Religions of Asia
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology View 29 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in Canada
- A four-year bachelor’s degree for entrance to a master’s program
- International applicants should consult the website regarding acceptable standards for admission, and are encouraged to submit the results of the Graduate Record Exam (GRE), especially the score for the subject test in the discipline being sought. English Proficiency Tests
- A completed on-line Application Form
- Reference Forms
- A Resume and Personal Statement of Interest outlining one’s purpose in applying to graduate studies.
- Fee: A non-refundable fee of $100 (Cdn funds) for ALL domestic and international applicants (subject to change) is to be paid on-line with the on-line application.
- Test Scores
International45870 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1529 CAD per credit during 12 months.
National10110 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 337 CAD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Regina
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.