The Biomedical Engineering MSc program from San José State University has been designed, in consultation with potential employers, to prepare graduates for the wide variety of emerging interdisciplinary careers at the interfaces between engineering and the life sciences.
The coursework has been designed to build upon the student’s background in engineering, biology, chemistry or physics.
Graduates with Biomedical Engineering from San José State University will be able to:
- solve complex engineering problems and tasks, and use engineering, science and statistics principles to justify recommendations.
- evaluate the impact of their work on society, including ethical, economic, global and environmental aspects.
- deliver effective presentations of engineering results in written and oral formats.
- apply their engineering knowledge to critically evaluate relevant literature and new technologies or systems.
- apply their engineering education to a variety of career paths.
- Biotransport Phenomena
- Medical and Biological Polymers
- Experimental and Computational Biofluid Mechanics
- Microscale Biomedical Systems: Physics and Applications
- Biomedical Applications of Nanoplatforms
- Medical Imaging for Engineers
- Tissue Engineering
- Electronics for Biomedical Applications
- Engineering Biomechanics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biomedicine Health Sciences View 335 other Masters in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in United States
- Applicants who have a major GPA of 3.0 or higher are not required to take the GRE. All others must take the GRE General Test and obtain a combined score of 315 or higher in the Verbal and Quantitative sections, and 3.5 or higher in the Analytical Writing section.
- Grade point average of 3.0 or better in the last 60 semester units, have met the GRE requirement if their major GPA is below 3.0; and have completed the Transition Courses, or their equivalents, with grades of B or better.
- English Language Proficiency Exam
- International Coursework and Degrees
- Submit U.S./Canada Transcripts
- Submit Test Scores
- Submit Declaration of Finance Form
- Submit Bank Letter or Bank Statement
- Submit Copy of Current Passport
- Submit Copy of Current Visa
- U.S. bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution, or the completion of a 4-year bachelor’s degree from a recognized, accredited, and approved institution from a country outside of the U.S.
International7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3588 USD per semester during 12 months.
National7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3588 USD per semester during 12 months.
- Non-CA Resident tuition includes an additional $396 per unit.
Living costs for San Jose
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.