Through elective choices, students at the Biotechnology MBT program from San José State University supplement the core program with additional hands-on science or MBA courses to support their career goals. MBT program graduates are highly trained individuals who have had direct exposure to the biotechnology corporate world and are ready to make immediate contributions to biotechnology companies.
Graduates have been hired for research, product development, marketing, regulatory affairs, clinical affairs, project management, quality control, and other types of positions.
- Biotech Products
- Advanced Molecular Techniques for Biotechnology
- Biotechnology Company Management
- Management and Organizational Behavior
- Operations Management
- Principles of Pharmacology
- Biotechnology Instrumentation
Drug Development Process
- 21 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBiomedicine Pharmacy Biotechnology View 180 other Masters in Pharmacy in United States
- An appropriate curriculum of prerequisite courses leading to a 4-year BA/BS in Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry, Molecular Biology, Engineering or a related field or a 3-year BS/BA plus a master's degree. In some cases, pre-requisites can be taken during the program.
- A preferred GPA of 3.0 or above. Work or other experience can compensate to some extent for a lower GPA.
- GRE General Test scores. The preferred General GRE scores are above 450 on Verbal Reasoning, above 650 on Quantitative Reasoning and 4.2 on Analytical Writing. New Exam: Combined minimum GRE score of 297, minimum GRE verbal score of 153 and minimum writing score of 4.5.
- TOEFL scores, if applicable. The minimum TOEFL score is 250 on the computer-based exam and 100 on the IBT of recommendation. Alternatively, an IELTS score of at least 8 is required.
- A one-page "Statement of Purpose".
- A resume.
- Two letters of recommendation.
International4465 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7815 USD for the full programme during 21 months.
National4465 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7815 USD for the full programme during 21 months.
- Non-CA Resident tuition includes an additional $396 per unit.
- Students will pay fees for 4 semesters and one summer: One summer: $1500.
Living costs for San Jose
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.