The aim of the programme is to provide students with the necessary theoretical knowledge, professional skills and practical tools required for working in wellness, spa or other related organizations at the management level.
It's an opportunity to acquire master's degree in a field that combines management and design of spa products, medical and leisure treatments, well-being, fitness, and health-related services.
The programme brings together the most passionate students willing to acquire focused tourism education in Pärnu town, a historical Baltic Sea resort. Besides academic learning, you can also experience life in a town that largely depends on the wellness and spa industry.
WHAT IS WELLNESS?
Wellness can be defined as the balanced state of body, spirit and mind, including emotional, physical, intellectual, social, environmental, occupational and spiritual wellness
It's a modern need of a fast-growing society - stressful lifestyle, wealthier and aging population, but risen awareness to live healthy and quality life build good bases for the growth of the wellness industry.
Wellness of individuals is also viewed as a way of life, including such holistic aspects as self-responsibility, physical fitness, healthy nutrition, mental activity and environmental sensitivity and beauty care. The aim of the whole concept is to create a balance between the body, soul and mind.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE ACQUIRED:
- Hospitality and quality management
- Creative and innovative entrepreneurship
- Sustainable development
- Strategic, financial and operational management
- Service design and development
- Management and marketing for wellness and spas
- Understanding of the basics of spa treatments
- Wellness philosophy
- Project management and research
WHY STUDY WELLNESS AND SPA SERVICE DESIGN AND MANAGEMENT IN PÄRNU, ESTONIA?
- Study in Pärnu, a member of the European Spas Association, which is an internationally acclaimed health tourism destination with more than 175 years of history as a resort town.
- The studies include business internships, field trips and company visits to world-class spas in Estonia.
- Small group dynamics and learning allows direct interaction and discussions with lecturers.
- The programme is taught by internationally respected professors and lecturers from the USA, Hungary, France, UK, Finland and Estonia.
- After graduation, you can start your own business, manage the world's top spas, wellness centres, resorts, treatment centres and other hospitality and health-related facilities.
Excellent international career prospects
- Resorts, spas, wellness and health companies
- Business and consulting companies
- Tourism organizations
- Leisure, recreation and rehabilitation centers
- Social services, municipalities
- Research, academic career and PhD studies
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Society and Wellness module (15 ECTS)
- Principles of Sustainable Development
- Wellness History and Philosophy
- Wellness Economy and Innovation
Individuals and Wellness module (15 ECTS)
- Customer Behavior
- Human Resource Management for Wellness and Hospitality
- Wellness and Spa Service Quality Management
Tourism and Wellness module (15 ECTS)
- Wellness and Health Tourism
- Spa Treatments and Nutrition
- Service Management
Business and Wellness module (15 ECTS)
- Strategic Management
- Service Design and Marketing
- Accounting and Financial Management
The Practice module (15 ECTS)
Research Design (9 ECTS)
Elective courses (6 ECTS)
Master’s thesis (30 ECTS)
Students interested working in wellness and spa industry. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (at least 3 years of studies at a higher educational institution) required to apply.
Students will develop a service-oriented mentality and acquire those professional skills needed for working within wellness, spa and related organisations and businesses, in particular, to:
- plan and develop strategic, operational and human resource management and marketing of
- wellness and spa organisations and businesses;
- design attractive, innovative and competitive wellness and spa services;
- manage wellness and spa service quality, and environmental and sustainability issues.
- Students will also develop:
- critical thinking, analysis and problem solving skills, creativity, innovation, project management
- and teamwork skills;
- skills in conducting scientific research and presenting research findings.
Kai Tomasberg, Programme Director
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- English language proficiency
International3800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3800 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
National3800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3800 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Tuition waivers are available for the best candidates.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.