- Students can work in dramatic, documentary, animation and experimental cinema and media, through a range of artistic, aesthetic, technical, and theoretical approaches. Courses of the Media Production programme at the University of Regina offer a combination of general and specialized study in Film and Media Arts production. An intensive investigation of critical issues in Film and Media Arts theory will develop the student’s abilities in cultural and artistic discourse at an advanced level and will contribute to the shaping of sophisticated and versatile graduates from this program.
- Seminar in Theory and Methods
- Studies in Media, Art, and Performance
- Interdisciplinary Doctoral Symposium
- Special Topics in Practice and Theory
- Critical Investigations in Film
- Topics in Film Studies
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Media Studies & Mass Media View 59 other Masters in Media Studies & Mass Media in Canada
- A four-year bachelor’s degree for entrance to a master’s program
- International applicants should consult the website regarding acceptable standards for admission, and are encouraged to submit the results of the Graduate Record Exam (GRE), especially the score for the subject test in the discipline being sought. English Proficiency Tests
- A completed on-line Application Form
- Reference Forms
- A Resume and Personal Statement of Interest outlining one’s purpose in applying to graduate studies.
- Fee: A non-refundable fee of $100 (Cdn funds) for ALL domestic and international applicants (subject to change) is to be paid on-line with the on-line application.
- Test Scores
International6916 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3458 CAD per semester during 18 months.
National4350 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2175 CAD per semester during 18 months.
Living costs for Regina
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.