Why to study
- Avenues of exploration could include national and transnational cinemas, directors, genres, or other contemporary approaches (feminist, post-colonial, indigenous) across the full range of media such as dramatic, documentary, experimental film, new media, interactive media, and animation. The Media Studies program at the University of Regina aims to develop broad expertise and critical thinking in media studies while enabling students to focus their interests through core courses in theory and methods, seminars, and specialized directed readings.
- Seminar in Theory and Methods
- Studies in Media, Art, and Performance
- Interdisciplinary Doctoral Symposium
- Special Topics in Practice and Theory
- Critical Investigations in Film
- Topics in Film Studies
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Media Studies & Mass Media View 56 other Masters in Media Studies & Mass Media in Canada
- A four-year bachelor’s degree for entrance to a master’s program
- International applicants should consult the website regarding acceptable standards for admission, and are encouraged to submit the results of the Graduate Record Exam (GRE), especially the score for the subject test in the discipline being sought. English Proficiency Tests
- A completed on-line Application Form
- Reference Forms
- A Resume and Personal Statement of Interest outlining one’s purpose in applying to graduate studies.
- Fee: A non-refundable fee of $100 (Cdn funds) for ALL domestic and international applicants (subject to change) is to be paid on-line with the on-line application.
- Test Scores
International22935 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1529 CAD per credit during 24 months.
National5055 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 337 CAD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Regina
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.