Why to study
Avenues of exploration could include national and transnational cinemas, directors, genres, or other contemporary approaches (feminist, post-colonial, indigenous) across the full range of media such as dramatic, documentary, experimental film, new media, interactive media, and animation. The Media Studies program at the University of Regina aims to develop broad expertise and critical thinking in media studies while enabling students to focus their interests through core courses in theory and methods, seminars, and specialized directed readings.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Seminar in Theory and Methods
- Studies in Media, Art, and Performance
- Interdisciplinary Doctoral Symposium
- Special Topics in Practice and Theory
- Critical Investigations in Film
- Topics in Film Studies
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Media Studies & Mass Media View 36 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in Canada
- A four-year bachelor’s degree for entrance to a master’s program
- International applicants should consult the website regarding acceptable standards for admission, and are encouraged to submit the results of the Graduate Record Exam (GRE), especially the score for the subject test in the discipline being sought.
- A completed on-line Application Form
- Reference Forms
- A Resume and Personal Statement of Interest outlining one’s purpose in applying to graduate studies.
- Fee: A non-refundable fee of $100 (Cdn funds) for ALL domestic and international applicants (subject to change) is to be paid on-line with the on-line application.
- Test Scores
International1528 CAD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1528 CAD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National366 CAD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 366 CAD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.