Candidates for the Romance languages track will be allowed to tailor their programs individually, with the advice of a graduate faculty committee. The goal will be to meet the interests and career requirements of the candidate by utilizing the full resources of the department and of cognate graduate programs offered by the University. Normally, students choosing this option major in French or Spanish, with a minor in the other language.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Teaching Practicum/Topics in Linguistics
- Proseminar: Research Methodology/Critical Theory
- Topics in Culture and Civilization
- Graduate Seminar
- Special Topics/Directed Readings
- Practicum: Applied Linguistics
- Reading Proficiency in Spanish I
- Reading Proficiency in Spanish II
- Latin-American Colonial Texts
- 19th-Century Latin-American Literature I
- 19th-Century Latin-American Literature II
- Nonthesis Research
- Seminar in Spanish Literature
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesLanguages View 718 other Masters in Languages in United States
- Applicant data sheet and statement of purpose
- One transcript for each U.S. or international institution of higher education
- Admissions test scores less than five years old
- The application fee is $65 for U.S. citizens and permanent residents and $80 for international applicants
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Additional application materials (e.g., portfolios, writing samples, responses to essay questions, etc.) required by individual departments
- International applicants must submit one certified copy in the native language along with certified precise word-for-word English translations of all transcripts, diplomas, and certificates of degree.
International29230 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14615 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National10780 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5390 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.