- The M.A. Commercial Photography Track at Ohio University requires at least 30 credits of graduate coursework, plus a Master’s project (taking an additional 5 credit hours, including 1 hour for the defense).
- VisCom commercial photography alum have had successful careers in the industry in a variety of capacities and have worked and interned at a variety of places, including:
BurkleHagen Photography (Cleveland) • Matt Reese Photo (Columbus) • Versatile Studios (New York City) • Power Creative (Louisville, Ky.) • DSW Shoes (Columbus) • Abercrombie & Fitch (Columbus) • Victoria's Secret (Columbus) • Richard Reinsdorf Photography (Los Angeles, Calif.) • Sarah Silver (New York City) • Sarah Kehoe Photography, (New York City) • Wayfair.com (Cincinnati) • Liz Von Hoene Photography (Atlanta, Ga.) • Amazon (Kentucky) • Marie Claire Magazine (New York City) • Outsider Magazine (Santa Fe, N.M.) • One Kreate (Columbus) • Santa Fe Photographic Workshops (Santa Fe, N.M.) • Danielle Levitt Studio (Los Angeles, Calif.) • Athens Photographic Project (Athen, Ohio) • Kinopicz American (Columbus) • Westlight Studios (Franklin, Tenn.)
- Information Design Basics: the foundation of design and typography.
- Illustration I: Digital Imaging: using the computer for digital image creation.
- Fashion Photography / Portraiture
- Still Life / Architecture Photography
- Picture Editing: why we choose the images we choose
- Video Capture for Commercial Photography
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Film, Photography & Media View 758 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application forms are in the Graduate Service’s Online Application System(opens in a new window), including the application fee.
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended submitted online or sent to the Graduate College.
- A 500-word Statement of Intent outlining why you want to attend our graduate program. (Note: If applying for the Knight Fellowship, include an additional 500-word or less statement about how you hope to engage with students and take part in the university community.)
- A resume/CV.
- Link to an online portfolio (can be included on resume), or link to downloadable file of work samples.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- VisCom does NOT require applicants to take the GRE.
Commercial Photography students are required to have a minimum of the following equipment by the start of their first semester in the Master of Arts program:
- A professional-level DSLR camera
- Two lenses with f/2.8 or faster aperture: one 28mm or wider focal length, and one with a 135mm
- to 200mm focal length (zoom lenses are also acceptable if fixed aperture)
- Dedicated electronic flash
- Professional tripod
International12948 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6474 USD per semester during 24 months.
National12948 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6474 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State6996 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3498 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Athens
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.