Medical device and instrumentation companies require continuing education for their engineers and scientists so that they can take advantage of these new technologies and apply them to product development.
The UCSD Master of Advanced Study Degree (MAS) in Medical Device Engineering offers a focused cross-disciplinary technical education program catering to the needs of engineering professionals. The program provides:
- specialized courses in clinical needs assessment
- the option of designing and prototyping a medical device or instrument
- technical education in mechanics and transport, anatomy and physiology, biomaterials
- instruction in life science technologies, embedded controls, computer-aided design
- introduction to business issues including product launching, regulatory and payment issues, and standards and compliance
More informationVisit official programme website
- High-quality technical program with interdisciplinary focus
- Courses taught by UCSD faculty experts
- Friday and/or Saturday class schedule, alternating weekends
- 9 courses, complete degree in 2 years
- Small class size, build network with engineering professionals
- Apply new technologies in capstone design project
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Electronics & Embedded Technology Human Medicine View 78 other Masters in Electronics & Embedded Technology in United States
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, science, mathematics, or physics
- Undergraduate/post-baccalaureate record (a minimum GPA of 3.0 in the final two years of study)
- Two years of relevant work experience or equivalent
- Completed online application for graduate admission
International32109 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 32109 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National17007 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17007 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.