- Students accepted into the M.M. Music Therapy from Ohio University receive a comprehensive education in music and music therapy skills through classroom study, supervised community placements, with opportunities to conduct research.
- Our degree programs, undergraduate and graduate, are fully accredited with the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM) and the American Music Therapy Association (AMTA). Students who complete the graduate program in music therapy at Ohio University receive top-level jobs including in higher education and administrative positions in clinical facilities.
- Ohio University offers the Master of Music degree for students who have an undergraduate degree in Music Therapy and have earned their MT-BC and Master's plus Equivalency Degree for Students who have an undergraduate degree in Music.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Advanced Music Therapy Practicum
- Research in Music Therapy
- Clinical Practice in Music Therapy
- Seminar in Music Therapy
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMusic View 1041 other Masters in Music in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
In order to be accepted into the graduate program in music therapy, an applicant must first be accepted into the Ohio University Graduate School. The Ohio University School of Music requires all graduate applicants to have an undergraduate degree in music to be considered for admittance.
Students also need to complete the following in order to be considered for admittance to the Music Therapy department.
- Audition on your primary instrument.
- Have an interview with a music therapy faculty. This can be scheduled on SKYPE for convenience or in person. During the interview, you will need to demonstrate skills on piano, voice, and/or guitar.
- Provide a written essay on why you think you would be a good candidate in the graduate program. This and a current resume should be sent to the School of Music office.
A degree-seeking application must include:
- Appropriate application fee
- Academic transcripts
- Resume or CV
- Evidence of English Proficiency (non-native speakers of English only)
International12948 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6474 USD per semester during 24 months.
National12948 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6474 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State6996 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3498 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Athens
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.