The mission of the City Planning program offered by San Diego State University is to provide graduate students with the knowledge, specialized skills, and professional experience to creatively engage in problem-solving and in the practice of urban and regional planning in public policy contexts; and to equip them with the skills and techniques that will enable them to assume effective, ethical leadership roles in the field of planning. The program also emphasizes an understanding of the broader international context of planning and how regions can respond to or help shape trends into the future.
The program provides the opportunity for students to engage in a wide range of field-based education through an interdisciplinary set of courses. It fosters mutual learning through a participatory experience that emphasizes academic excellence, sound professional preparation, and ethical conduct, with an emphasis on working in the public interest. The program seeks to impart an understanding of the spatial and physical dimensions of planning and design; the challenges of sustainability, livability, environment, mobility, and social equity in shaping policy choices; and the techniques and process of community-building.
- Quantitative Techniques in Urban Planning
- Seminar in Urban Planning Implementation
- Seminar in Urban Planning Theory
- City Planning and GIS Applications
- History of Urban Planning
- Seminar in Environmental Policy and Planning
- Seminar in Land Use Planning Principles and Technique
- Computer Applications for Urban Design
- Urban Design and Land Use Planning Studio
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Landscape Architecture Urban Planning View 451 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in United States
- Complete the Cal State Apply Application
- Create an SDSU WebPortal Account
- Submit Official Transcripts and Diploma/Degree Certificate
- Submit Official Test Scores
- Submit Program Specific Documents
- Applicants who have earned a three-year baccalaureate degree from an international institution, may be considered for admission.
International9608 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9608 USD per year during 12 months.
National9608 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9608 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for San Diego
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.