- The M.A. Media Arts and Studies program at Ohio University's coursework is geared towards preparing students to enter or continue working in media industries and related fields, and for doctoral studies. Masters students can select from a broad range of specializations including international media, media industries leadership & management, emerging media & culture. In addition, the School also is home to programs in public media and communication & development.
- During the first semester of study, master’s students select a faculty member from the School of Media Arts and Studies to serve as their advisor and chairperson of their Program committee. The committee includes a minimum of two other members, one of whom must be a MDIA faculty member with the appropriate credentials and expertise to fit the student’s interest and serve on a graduate committee. The chair assists in laying out program goals and the selection of courses in the program of study. The committee must approve the student’s program of study; and will also provide the questions and evaluate the comprehensive examination or approve the thesis proposal, conduct the defense of the thesis, and approve the final draft.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Mass Communication Theory
- Quantitative Research Methods
- Qualitative Research Methods
- Critical-Cultural Theory
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Communication Sciences Media Studies & Mass Media View 284 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
An application for graduate study at Ohio University must be submitted online.The following must also be submitted by all applicants:
- Original/official transcripts of previous academic work
- Statement of Intent
- Curriculum vita or resume
- Three letters of recommendation
- U.S. students must submit a score on either the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or the Miller's Analogies Test (MAT)
- International students who are not native English speakers must also submit TOEFL or IELTS scores
- Financial documentation
International12948 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6474 USD per semester during 12 months.
National12948 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6474 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State6996 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3498 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Athens
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.